Sunday, November 16, 2008

Quick Apology/Short Thought

Hello my few readers...
I would like to quickly apologize for not posting for so long.
There is a lesson/principle I would like to post, but it has been difficult to try to do without the quote that Bro. Moon handed out in seminary.
So no, I am not falling away from the church and abandoning this blog.
I just can't remember what the quote was and who said it.
So I am going to check when I go to seminary tomorrow.
And then I promise I will post. Which means that now that I said that, I have to. Or I will feel like I have let you down.

But here is a short thought so that you don't have to be completely deprived of spirituality until tomorrow.

"The most effective medicine for the sickness of self-pity is to lose ourselves in the service of others." - Gordon B. Hinckley

I've been thinking about that a lot lately and been trying to be so much nicer to people and make people's days better.
Like maybe leaving a little note for someone. Or giving a sad friend a hug. Or dropping a piece of gum or a coin for someone to find. Picking something up that someone dropped. Giving a random person a compliment.
Just small things you know? You never know when that will be an answer to a prayer.
Just be there for your friends and family, they need you.
And I have noticed that when I am kinder to others, I feel better.
In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: